Since I’m all the way in India and can’t celebrate Halloween, I thought I would pass on some costume suggestions from Planned Parenthood of NYC Blog:
From Megan Carpentier, Editor, News & Politics at Air America Media:
- Dress normally. Since STDs often can’t be distinguished with the naked eye, it’ll be up to you to tell people what you are.
- Dress in pink and carry a pink hula hoop all night: you’re a NuvaRing!
- Dress all in copper and put copper pipe cleaners on your head: you’re an IUD!
From the writers at Slate’s Double X blog:
- Draw a calendar on your shirt and carry a bongo drum: You’re the Rhythm Method!
- Drape ivy over your shoulders and paint a big “F” on your shirt: You’re IVF.
- Dress like a baby and attach test tubes to yourself (or drink from them): You’re a Test Tube baby!
- Wear all your winter gear and curl into the fetal position whenever possible: You’re a frozen embryo.
From the pro-choice comic Katie Halper:
- Wear galoshes and carry an oar: You’re roe v wade
- Walk around with a bunch of babies: You’re “abstinence only” sex education
- Wear a Trojan helmet and a clear raincoat: you’re a Trojan condom. Alternative: wear a raincoat and put on a name tag that says “birthplace: Troy”
And a few ideas from the PPNYC staff:
- Wear all black, but then spell out the word “Damn” on your chest with bright green dental floss: You’re a Dental Dam!
- Dress in pink and don a knit cap: You’re a cervical cap!
- Wear all black and attach small pink erasers to your outfit – you’re a rubber!